Anglo rejects Xstrata merger move

Seems that mining giant Anglo-American has rejected an approach from Swiss-based rival Xstrata about a possible merger as "totally unacceptable". BBC News.

I wouldn't normally give a monkeys about all this financial shenanigans except that I heard this on the radio the other day, LBC it was, and the financial commentator was saying he'd like to see it go through. Fair enough. Until he said that there would be about 19,000 jobs lost and that he thought it would be worth it as it would represent an excellent opportunity.

If I was the presenter I would have smacked him in the mouth. I was one of those who once paid what Lamont said was "price that is well worth paying".
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animals Matter - PPCs views on hunting

The Last Post