Some reading

Being a rail commuter has given me some quality time to catch up on reading. As it's payday I've ordered a few new books to tide me over.

Currently I'm ploughing through Marx's Capital Vol 1 but it's not a book I can read from cover to cover without several intermissions, so

My new reading list is:

  • Summer of Blood: The Peasants' Revolt of 1381 by Dan Jones
  • Keir Hardie: A Biography by Caroline Benn
  • Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada ( h/t Mick )
Ones which I have left until I'm through with this batch are:

  • Paul Robeson: A Biography by Martin Bauml Duberman
  • Hewlett Johnson, Priest, Prophet, and Man of Action by Clive Hancock, Hewlett Johnson
  • The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare by G. K. Chesterton
Let's hope the Royal Mail management don't start kicking off with their wacky schemes for 'modernisation'.

Any suggestions for reading gratefully received!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animals Matter - PPCs views on hunting

The Last Post