Now the local LibDems have sent round a leaflet a major part of which is refuting the claims of the Tories. And good on them. Here's a few choice items from the list:
- Rushmoor's waiting list is actually 2766 of which only 89 are Asian-Other.
- Rushmoor housed 5 Nepalese families between April 2009 and March 10
- Rushmoor council estimates 3,000 Nepalese in Rushmoor against the 9,000 the Tories claimed
- GP problems are nationwide and no data exists down to council level
- Mayfield is not the 3rd most deprived ward in Hampshire. Breaking Mayfield down there is one area which can be ranked 3rd. (likely the one I live in!)