A meat-free life

A cook sautees onions and peppers.
A cook sautees onions and peppers. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Well, it's been about 2 weeks since I gave up eating meat. It's really been no struggle or concern at all, and it shouldn't be - simply not eating meat is perhaps one of the easiest dietary changes you can make.

It also helps with Mrs Lansbury's Lido being meat-free for a year or so now. With sharing the cooking I'm just so used to cooking without meat it's really quite simple. The most awkward thing is having two sons who eat meat, always having to think about how to provide for them. Often they'll have what we have, else I'll cook them something meat-based.

Has going without meat led to any benefits healthwise? Not that I can see - I'm as unfit and lardy now as I was then although I have developed a certain smug glow realising that my decisions mean less cruelty for those doe-eyed animals that used to end up on my plate.

And for the future who knows? I can certainly see myself moving away from fish in meals and I'd certainly like to move away from dairy and eggs but that is a totally different ball game!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animals Matter - PPCs views on hunting

The Last Post